Notes on Git, GitLab, and Markdown
- Official GitLab Git cheat sheet
- Notes on helpful Git commit messages
- The official Pro Git book and the documentation main page, including this book, the complete reference manual, and a set of learning videos.
- The GitLab help page on this server. GitLab docs master documentation.
- Instructions for application-specific access tokens
- Git cheat sheet
MarkDown and the Wiki
- Gary's notes on markdown are here. A quick and simple introduction of Markdown is here and another more useful GitLab Markdown Cheat sheet. The very complicated documentation for GitLab's version of Markdown is here.
- You can clone the wiki repo by clicking on the clone icon. By default you then have the full set of wiki files in the
cloudy.wikidirectory. You can edit the wiki locally then push the changes back to origin/master
- Check that there are no dead links (use a dead link checker, e.g., Check my Links)
The GoldVersionToDo page has the steps for creating a release version of the code.
The monitors for our test suite
HotFixToDo has the steps for creating a hot-fix entry.
Experimental version of prototype minimal instructions for building Cloudy
The code's StylePage including a description of some routines that should be used to do common chores.
The DataParser page describes our custom parser specifically designed for efficiently reading data files.
The MultiArrPage describes the new multi_arr structure for allocating and accessing multi-dimensional arrays in Cloudy.
On the VectorMathRoutines page you will find a discussion of all the transcendental math functions that were vectorized using the AVX and later instruction sets.
Our license file is in the root directory of any checkout.
DevelopingWithCloud and other Lexington Physics cluster machines
Compilers and the helpers
Emacs and IDEs
EmacsSettings has suggestions for .emacs file settings to get indentation consistent with the coding conventions.
RemoveHeaders removes unused header files.
scripts/rm-tests-from-git.pl removes a CLOUDY_ROOT/tests/ directory from the entire repository history. Useful with debugging.
svn, git, and hg
The SubversionPage outlines the way we maintain the Subversion repository.
Discussions and Meetings
Discussions at the 2016 CloudySummitMexico16
Discussions at the 2014 CloudySummitBelfast14
Discussions at the 2012 CloudySummitAthens
The 2011 NLTE7 code comparison meeting
Discussions at the 2011 CloudySummitBelfast
Discussions at the 2009 CloudySummitDurham
Discussions at the 2008 CloudySummitImperial
Discussions at the 2007 CloudySummitBrussels
Return to home page